Maybe you’re looking for a life-changing education with access to world-class resources and a decorated faculty. Or you want to make a career out of your passion. You might just be committed to learning and growing.
Either way, Texas A&M University is at the forefront of significant scholarly advances and discoveries in a wide range of disciplines, including science, technology and the human experience. If an affordable, high-quality education is important in your decision on where to go to school, you won’t find a better option than Texas A&M.
Research Fast Facts
- Total Texas A&M research expenditures broke the $1 billion mark in 2020 — a first for any university in Texas.
- Texas A&M’s research spans all topics of human knowledge at 16 colleges and schools in collaboration with Texas A&M AgriLife Research, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station and Texas A&M Transportation Institute.
- The Innovative Learning Classroom Building opened in Fall 2020. The 118,000 square-foot facility holds 2,200 seats in 10 classrooms and is a key component of the institution's goal to build a culture of excellence in teaching and learning.
- Texas A&M’s faculty includes three Nobel laureates and numerous members and fellows of the National Academies.
- The university’s faculty-researchers collaborate with universities in Brazil and CONACYT-member universities and research centers in Mexico through grant programs.
- Texas A&M is one of only 17 universities in the nation to hold triple designation as a land-, sea- and space-grant university and is one of only 62 members of the prestigious Association of American Universities — a group of leading public and private research schools in the United States and Canada.
- The university is an active member of the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities, a research and policy organization dedicated to strengthening and advancing the work of public universities in North America.
- Participation in the SECU, a Southeastern Conference academic initiative, gives Texas A&M faculty, staff and students opportunities to collaborate and enhance academic resources with other SEC schools.
- Distinguished Professor of Chemistry Karen L. Wooley was named the 2021 SEC Professor of the Year for her research.
Colleges & Majors
Choosing the right major is more important than ever in today’s competitive job market. Students are encouraged to declare their major when they apply to Texas A&M and begin building their resumes as soon as possible. Get involved with career-associated extra-curricular activities, follow your degree plan and stay connected with students and faculty within your major to stay on the right track.
The Office of Professional School Advising provides up-to-date information and assistance to students and former students of Texas A&M who aspire to enter a professional school. Services include one-on-one advising, information on professional school selection, application opportunities and much more. Interested students should reach out
early in their careers.
Match Your Interests with a Career