Get the Information
When will we receive notification of a decision?
Admission decisions are made throughout the application period, and applicants will
be notified as soon as possible. A final decision may not be announced until early
December for spring admission or early April for summer or fall admission. For summer
or fall, some applicants who are not admitted may be offered the opportunity to
accept placement on a wait list or consideration for the Blinn TEAM Program.
How can we schedule a visit to campus?
Visit Appelt Aggieland Visitor Center Website
or at (979) 845-5851 two weeks prior to your arrival on campus. The Visitor Center
can schedule appointments for a campus tour, an admissions presentation, and college
and/or departmental advisors.
What measures are in place to secure my student's academic success?
The University offers a variety of resources designed to help students achieve academic
goals, meet degree requirements, and have a positive experience while here. These
resources include library materials and services, career counseling, learning skills
workshops, computer technology and a University Writing Center. Many are available
through the Department of Multicultural Services, Center for Academic Enhancement
and Student Counseling Services. Taking advantage of these and other resources and
assistance will prepare students for their chosen career and prepare students to
be productive citizens upon graduation.
What types of student organizations are available in which my child
can be involved?
There are more than 750 clubs and organizations to satisfy diverse social, personal
development and recreational interests. These organizations include, but are not
limited to the following:
- African-American Student Coalition
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Hispanic Business Student Association (HBSA)
- Committee for the Awareness of Mexican-American Culture (CAMAC)
- Asian-American Association
- Indian Student Association
- National Pan-Hellenic Council (4 fraternities and 4 sororities that are historically
- Multicultural Greek Council (7 fraternities and 7 sororities with a cultural emphasis)
- Singing Cadets
- Ballet Folklorico Celestial
- Student Government Association
- Pre-Law Society
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- The Big Event
- Traditions Council
For a complete listing of student organizations, please visit